How do you take care of indoor plants?
When you want to beautify your home, one such method is to have indoor plants. This not only adds color to the home but also purifies the air and helps to improve the health of the inmates. However, not everyone is aware how to take care of indoor plants. Here are some methods to do so.
- The soil should be moist but it should not be wet. If the soil is too dry or even if it is too wet, it affects the roots of the plant. You need to water the soil only if the soil gets lighter in color or cracks are seen. If there is mold that means the soil is being over watered.
- The soil should be watered with water at room temperature. If the water is too hot, the roots will get damaged or even killed. If the water is too cold, the plant may get dormant.
- The pot should either be made of natural materials which allow drainage as they are porous or materials such as plastic when used; the pot should have enough drainage holes.
- You need to put the plant in an area where there is adequate sunlight. Too much sunlight is detrimental to certain plants while others thrive on it. You need to find out what kind of plant you have.
- The plants should not be moved around too much as this disturbs the plant which is acclimatized to the surroundings.
- If plants are kept together that will increase the humidity of the area.
- The pot should have a balance of nutrients. There needs to be nitrogen, potassium and phosphorous.
- The plant should be pruned regularly so that the dead branches do not attract bugs. The pruning also helps to promote the growth of the plant.